I have been making a lot of date-based energy balls recently but I decided to mix it up with some unsulphured apricots. Halfway through, I realised I was out of almond butter so decided to add in some tahini…incredible!
It’s not too sweet, it’s rich in calcium (from the apricots, chia seeds and tahini) and the texture is 10/10. A nutrition and flavour bomb that would be great for long journeys or with a cup of herbal tea. Keeps for up to a week in the fridge or longer in the freezer.
- 1 cup unsulphured dried apricots
- 1/2 cup of medjool dates nice and squidgy
- 4 tbsp of tahini – 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt – Dash of cinnamon
- Add the dates and apricots to the food processor and pulse for a minute until finely chopped.
- Add coconut, cashews, water, chia seeds, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Process for a couple of minutes or until well combined
- Add 4 tablespoons of tahini and combine well. It should be perfect but if it is too dry, add a little extra tahini. If too wet, add in some more coconut.
- Take tablespoon amounts of the mixture and roll into balls in your hands.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.