Healthy eating with a bit of convenience.
Miley Cyrus has quit her vegan diet and is making headlines. I don’t know what she was eating but given what I’ve read about celebrity diets, I wouldn’t hedge my bets on it being a balanced approach. Her mention of “tons of celery” on the Joe Rogan podcast suggests I’m right.
There is no need to panic as you can live a long and healthy life as a vegan. Planning ahead and packing a few snacks for long journeys makes all the difference when it comes to eating well, whether you’re vegan or not. It’s also a great way to save money.
This is especially important as many places at train stations are shut right now.
Here’s what I packed at short notice for our four hour train journey to Cornwall today. I didn’t have time to make sandwiches or cut any raw crudités for the hummus:
– Raw Nuts
– Cacao and almond energy balls (I had made these a while ago and stashed them in the freezer – perfect for times like this)
– Whole avocado
– Rye Sourdough Bread Slices
– Baked corn chips from M&S
– Pot of hummus
– Peanut butter pouch (Pics Peanut Butter)
– Dark chocolate (Montezuma’s Chocolate)
– Bottled water in a reusable bottle
– Reusable cutlery
What do you pack on train journeys? Let me know below in the comments!