Servings: 6 people
- 1/2 tsp vegan butter for greasing pan
- 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp warm water
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- ½ cup walnuts chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup soya milk/ oat milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup/ date syrup/ apple purée
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Firstly, preheat your fan oven to 170 degrees and lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking tray.
- Mix the ground flaxseed and warm water in a bowl and leave it to stand until it forms a gel-like consistency.
- Keep around half a cup of the nuts and coconut flakes aside for later. In a large, mix the oats, walnuts, almonds, and the baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- To the bowl with flaxseed gel, add the soya milk, maple syrup or apple puree and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the contents of the bowl with wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add in half of the raspberries and half a cup of blueberries.
- Add the mixture to the baking tray and top with slices of banana, blueberries and the 1/2 cup of nuts and coconut flakes you kept aside. You can also sprinkle hemp seeds or cacao nibs on top too.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. The top should be crispy but not overly brown and the middle nick and thick. Cool for 15 minutes before serving with a dollop of coconut or soya yoghurt and extra fresh berries and fruit.