- 3.5 medium bananas mashed
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat fan oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Mash bananas thoroughly so there are no lumps and add the plant milk, cinnamon, vinegar, flour and flaxseed and mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, sugar, walnuts, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the contents of the dry mixture to the wet bowl and combine until evenly mixed, taking care not to over-mix or you’ll get a doughy texture.
- Lightly grease 8 silicone muffin moulds and add the mixture (it will rise).
- Bake for between 25-30 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the muffin and it should come out (almost) completely clean.
- Let cool before storing in an airtight container for a few days. It makes a delicious breakfast or healthy snack for the office.
Optional: Vegan vanilla ice cream or custard to serve. Dark chocolate chips are a nice variation to walnuts too.