- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup wheatgerm
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apple puree
- 2 tablespoons soya milk or any plant milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large overripe banana mashed
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Add the flaxseed, wheatgerm, oats, flour, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the apple puree, mashed banana, peanut butter and soya milk and mix in well. You shouldn’t have any lumps.
- If it is too runny, add in some more oats or wheatgerm. If it’s too thick, add a splash more plant milk.
- Take a small amount of the mixture (around a tablespoon’s wortand roll into a ball. It should come together nicely in your hand. Flatten slightly on a silicone baking mat (or lined baking traand pop in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
My dogs don’t like the cookie when it’s too crispy or baked for too long so keep an eye as oven timings vary. These are also super nutritious for humans – I recommend adding in some sugar though or it will be a little tasteless for most people!