Servings: 10 servings
- 3 cups chopped ripe rhubarb
- 7 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger/ grated fresh ginger
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Wash and chop the rhubarb into small pieces, discarding the outer leaves
- Add to a pan along with the cinnamon, ground ginger, star anise, vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup.
- Add a splash of hot water and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes (with the lid on) until the rhubarb is soft.
- Cool thoroughly before storing in a jar in the fridge for up to one week.
- Serve on top of porridge, overnight oats, vegan vanilla ice cream or homemade granola.