Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stick
- 2 carrots
- Bunch of spinach or celery leaves
- 1 diced red pepper
- A can of cannellini beans or a similar white bean variety
- 1 veggie stock cube
- 1 tbsp tomato paste/ ketchup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ⁄2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp pepper
- Sauté one onion, one chilli and diced red peppers and carrots cut in small cubes in one tablespoon of olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add a tin of chopped tomatoes – stir until it reaches a nice medium thick consistency and add a tablespoon of ketchup.
- Add chopped celery and celery leaves (don’t worry if no celery leaves are available- you could use spinach too for greens – add this towards the end to retain nutritional value.
- Cook till the veggies are al dente and add the cannellini beans. Add a cube of veg stock to the beans.
- Simmer all together for 10 minutes adding some water if it’s too thick. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with quinoa for a filing main meal or as a side dish.