Servings: 10 people
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts almonds or hazelnuts work well
- ½ cup mixed seeds sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp of date syrup
- 1 cup apple puree
- Optional: Add in hemp seeds chia seeds, coconut flakes and more unsweetened dried fruit after it’s out of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 4 cups of rolled or jumbo oats.
- Add 1 cup of mixed raw nuts of your choice.
- Add ½ cup of raw seeds of your choice.
- Add 1 tsp of ground cinnamon or any other spices such as ginger or nutmeg.
- Add 1/3 tsp of salt.
- Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries or any dried fruit such as chopped dates.
- Add 2 tbsp of date syrup (or maple syrup if not wfpb).
- Add 1 cup of apple puree.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly so it is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a lined baking tray or silicone mat and put it in the oven.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes checking on it halfway and tossing well. It should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and you can add in the extra dried fruit or chia/ hemp seeds if desired.
- Ensure the granola is fully cooled so it crisps up properly. ore in airtight container, preferably glass. Keeps well for up to two weeks. Enjoy with plant milk or yoghurt.